"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone."-Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Snow. It's so pretty to look at. Fun to play in. An absolute nightmare to drive in. I really wanted a white Christmas, but I was kind of hoping it would snow on the days when I didn't have things to do. Bleh. Whatever. It's soooo great to look out and see all the snow. White Christmas I will get. :)

This time of year is my favorite. Not the whole everyone rushing around and everything being so busy, but the fact that you get to spend a lot of time with your family. My family means the world to me and to have all this time with them is amazing. We have such a great time together and laugh like crazy. It's great. I wish it could be like this all the time.
I've decided that this year I should actually express graditude (yes, I'm aware I should have done this for Thanksgiving, but it makes more sense to do it now.) to the one person who gave my family the best gift in the entire world. So story time and of course many thanks to this individual.

As some of you know my little sister is adopted. For those of you who didn't know...now you do.
She's an amazing person. For only being eleven she's extremely talented and smart. So to Cristen...you are an amazing person who thought of more than just yourself. I don't think you really know just how grateful I am of your one act that gave me my sister. I couldn't think of a better gift to be given to someone. You'll forever have a special place in my heart because you gave my family Rylin. I'll forever be grateful that you gave her to us. So it may seem really simple, but it's the best I've got...Thank you Cristen. Thank you so much.

Sitting here staring at the picture of the temple in my room got me to thinking about how many weddings I've been to this year...most of them have been married in the temple and I must say those are my favorite. Going to the receptions or even hanging around outside the temple for the happy couple to come out is just awesome. Everyone who was present for it has a glow about them. Do I envy them? You bet. One day I'll have that because I refuse to settle for anything less than having my husband and family for eternity. This seems so random, but one of my dear friends got married yesterday and just watching her...she looked absolutely beautiful and had this look in her eyes that one day I want to have too. She's probably the most beautiful bride I've seen and did I mention she glowed too? Does it have something to do with the fact that she got married in the temple? Pretty sure it does. One day. One day I'll have it too. Moral of this story...I love the temple. :)

Now I'm off to read my scriptures...I love reading the story of the birth of Christ. Best Christmas story ever? You bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment