"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone."-Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Tell me darling, can I get a break somehow?"

I've had the same stupid song stuck in my head for 4 days. HELP! Oh well it's better than a week ago when Frosty the Snowman was stuck in my head.

Anyway Christmas was fantastic this year! Although I didn't get a puppy (I've been trying since I was 5 so no big shock that he wasn't under the tree this year) I did get lots of other cool stuff. :) Can't complain at all this year, but who would complain during this time of year?

So at work we were talking about the upcoming year and all the fun things that everyone had planned and somehow we got on the topic of things that you regret or are thankful that happened to you this year. I honestly could only think of one thing that I was grateful for this year...Sigma, but everyone already knows that. Now though thinking about the flip side to the question one thing you regret...I have one it's pretty silly and I don't really know if it should be something I regret because it's just really silly. Over the summer this year I met a boy. This boy is pretty incredible let's just get that out of the way right now. I kind of thought he was attractive then I started talking to him....turns out he's even better than I thought. He made me laugh and had a killer smile. Yeah, if you haven't guessed I totally fell for him. Crap. I knew he'd only be around for the summer before heading back up to school, but it was only one semester and lucky for me it was his last. We became pretty good friends, at least that's what I'd say, and of course the summer ended. He left and we didn't really talk much. Here's the part of the story that makes me want to crawl under a rock and hide. I thought about the boy everyday while he was gone. Yep. Everyday. I feel a little silly sharing that, but it's the truth. So as you can imagine the semester was horrible because I couldn't get him out of my head. I wasted an entire semester thinking about him. Ridiculous? Yeah you could say that.  Here's the kicker though I FINALLY get the kid out of my head and I find out he's back from school. All graduated and back. Will I do anything about his being home now? Probably not. So I regret being so shy. Yeah sure I can admit in a blog that I really like someone. Woo go me. Seriously though what I know I'll regret most this year is not doing a thing. Just sitting back watching someone else be bolder than I ever will be.
So my New Years resolution this year....actually being bold and doing something instead of sitting back doing nothing. Easier said than done, but I'm going to do it. Who knows, maybe something good could come from this. :)

2 comments:

  1. kelce, can i please share your new year's resolution? i have a huge crush on this guy but i haven't ever gotten up the guts to talk to him, so how about you make me talk to him and i'll help you with your guy, okay?? that would be great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. KJ!!! Ok done deal only here's the problem I have talked to the one I like and he WON'T talk back. It's a real problem that I have NO idea how to fix...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete