"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone."-Audrey Hepburn

Monday, April 4, 2011

Why yes Professor I am paying attention....

Well sort of. :) I tend to only do this when I'm extremely bored or just can't focus in class. Today is one of those days. I can not get my brain to wrap around some of the ideas (crazy ideas) my professor is discussing. Needless to say I tuned out and started doing this.

Life sure has been crazy lately, but a good crazy. The besties and I have been discussing some things that would change our lives. Haha nothing dramatic, although I totally made it sound that way. Oops!
We've been talking about moving out for a little while and now we've made it our goal to have an apartment by the end of the year. It's exciting to take some steps toward being on my own, but at the same time it's a little scary. It will be good though...I couldn't ask for better people to room with.

Conference weekend has come and gone. I must say I love conference so much! I had a lot of things that I was trying to come to terms with or find the answers to and every single thing was hit during conference. Those men and women are truly inspired. My favorite talk though was from Elder Scott. I love to hear that man talk about his wife. It's so sweet that you can still see just how much he loves her still. I know everyone gets tired of the marriage talks, but his was one of the best. I may or may not have started tearing up when he said that even if we feel like things are not possible...all things are possible through our Father in Heaven. I just loved his talk so much. I feel a lot better after conference and like I'm ready to face whatever life has in store for me with the sure knowlegde that I am a daughter of God and He loves me.

I must admit it's times like this though when I really miss one of my dear friends who is serving a mission. I miss just having random conversations and sometimes very serious conversations. Although with her letters she still makes me see things that I haven't even thought of and I find a lot of strength in her letters. I'm extremely grateful for those. They always seem to come at the right times, even though you can't see this for a while thanks Jess.

Well that was an hour and half well spent. Class is over now. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment