"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone."-Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

...I will make sure to keep my distance....

For the first time in two years I'm not going to school for the summer. I feel like such a slacker. Oh well, I deserve a break every once in a while right?  Eh. School is just one of those things that sadly seems like it's going to be a part of my life forever. Bleh. Whatevs, it's (almost) summer so 'nuff said about school.

I've ever so slowly become addicted to a Christina Perri song. Distance. Yes, I'm currently listening to it while I blog. Best. Song. Ever. Ok, maybe it's the whole album that I'm in love with, but this song is just amazing. Twenty-five times it's played (so far) on itunes...yeah it's a keeper.

Anyway can I just say that technology and I are not friends. At all. I've managed to completely break my old laptop so who knows how in the world I'll get all the pictures and music (which I must say is the most important!) off of the stupid thing. It won't even turn on. Bleh it's been like a month since I've put new music on my ipod, that might not even seem like a big deal to some people, but that is kind of how I get through my work day. Whatevs. At least the new laptop works.

Now for a little bit of a rant. Hey at least I warned you before just jumping right into it right?
Anyway lately I've been feeling extremely frustrated with how things in my life have turned out. Don't get me wrong I do have a lot to be extremely grateful for, but in some situations I can't help it. I get frustrated with people or things that happen and I can slowly feel myself withdraw from them. I'm not the type of person who is really great at expressing how they feel. So I stole a quote off of a dear friends blog that I think totally sums up how I am a lot of the time.
"Have you ever been angry or sad, to the point where you just break down at home in your room? Your parents don't know because you keep the tears to yourself, and you cry silently. Your friends don't know because you talk as if you're fine. Well you're not fine, and you know it. No one really knows how you feel, and they have their own lives to deal with, so you don't bother telling them. You
bottle it up, and store it with the other problems or troubles"
Lately I feel like a lot of things are just getting stored on the shelf. I guess you say something on the list of things to accomplish this year is to finally master a way to express myself. Cross your fingers. We'll see how well that pans out for me.
 
Lucky for me though I have amazing friends, who just seem to understand me even when I'm being incredibly complicated and really dumb.
 
 
 
You know who are. Thanks.
<3
 
 
Can I just say that Sunday I'm going to see someone I haven't seen in a very long time. I'm slightly nervous because me+awkward situations=nothing good.
Also, part of the problem may be that I feel so awkward because this person means a great deal to me.
Boo.
 

1 comment:

  1. Kelcey, I just love you. I'm really glad that we are friends, and that we understand each other. Thanks for laughing with me and always listening to me! You are sooo fabulous. Remember, you are not alone. EVER! EVER! EVER! And Sunday is gonna be great. GREAT! Fabulous GREAT! Just saying. 35,000 feet of fun great.

    ReplyDelete